Old May 26th 04, 08:11 PM
pete83

ojunk (Robertmudd1u) wrote in message ...
As i know the astir cs-77 has integral-water-tanks. How likely is it
that the construction is leaky and water can reach parts of the wings
where it can't flow off again? What could be happend if the tanks
would be leaky ?

I operated an Astir CS for about 10 years and flew with water almost every
flight. I never expirenced a water leak of the wing tanks.

If they did leak it is possable to fix then, consult with your local glider
mechanic.

The seals in the fuselage where the water tube plugs in must be replaced every
couple of years. Also I recommend inspecting the "O ring" in the dump valve. if
you don't know when these were last replaced then you should replace them
before carrying water as they are likely quite old.

I would be more concerned with water leaking into the fuselage than into the
wing because the result could be an adverse C.G. movement.

Robert Mudd

Is it hard to fly with water?