Old July 10th 03, 12:50 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:16:47 GMT, "Matthew Chidester"
wrote:

I know this is a stupid question..

but everytime I take a lesson here from salt lake international and listen
to atis.. why doesn't atis just GIVE you the density alt. at the surface on
hot days instead of the "check density alt." we get here..

do other busy airports (class B) do the same? seems like you could just word
is like a metar and code it right after the altimeter setting or something
"flt lvl 90 density"

I know i sound lazy but for quick stops I have to whip out the old
calculator and work it out (seems dumb)

any other airports just say "check density alt?"

Matthew

Heck, it's reported around here where it's rarely a significant issue. I
would think it could easily be reported, and should be, in your area.