Old September 13th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Hazardous Attitudes Testing (was Slow Flight)

Roger (K8RI) wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:12:17 -0700, wrote:

I found it he

http://www.paragonair.com/public/doc.../P8740-53.html

It's about a third of the way down a long page.

Instructors, especially, should know this stuff. Some of the
rest of us might be interested in doing it anyway.

Having gone through the test, I find it very unrealistic.

They make the decision for you and then have you justify their
decision. I could not pick any of the answers as justifiable.

As a pilot you are the one who has to make the decision and then
justify it. If you let some one else make the decision for which you
are responsible you are already in trouble.

Roger (K8RI)

Dan

I would add to this that as a pilot it's good to have knowledge of all
kinds. Pilots however are well advised NOT to over think problems that
occur at 100mph plus.
:-))
As pilots, we should of course endeavor to learn "theory" on the ground.
In the air however, most of what we do should be deeply rooted in our
ability to use simple common sense paired with our training.
One of the PRIME goals of any CFI should be to steer a new pilot into
thinking and approaching the problems encountered in flight on this
common sense level.
As a pilot, it is VERY easy to over think a problem by making it more
complicated than is necessary to solve it.

--
Dudley Henriques