Old February 1st 14, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

Default Cheap remote control keyboards from china for flight!

On Friday, January 31, 2014 8:39:55 PM UTC-5, pcool wrote:
Hi, got some news ..

I think many software manufacturers will adopt these kind of keyboards.

They come really cheap on Amazon and Ebay , I paid mine 7,99 !!!

They have more than 20 hours autonomy with their own battery, and they pair

perfectly with all devices.

I have just made a video of how I have implemented this keyboard inside our

free software (LK).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXw-H...ature=youtu.be

Since the keys are too small to be used in flight as a keyboard , I have

programmed the keyboard to become a sort of a "touchscreen".

Instead of clicking on the screen of the PNA, you click on the tiny

keyboard, holding it like if it was a remote TV control.

The result: keyboard can be used blindly and also with gloves on.

Otherwise, trying to catch up a single key would require the pilot to

actually look INSIDE the cockpit, which is bad.

It took me some time to understand that the correct approach was to

transform the keyboard into a "touch screen" but as you can see in the video

the result is absolutely good.

For this money, I would call it a bargain.

Paolo

Great work Paolo. Thanks!

Craig
7Q