Old January 19th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default silver state helicopters

Hi Kevin: I knew that there was at least one GO button in this NG posting.
Fallbrook helicopter work is aborted. Problems got too big.

Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:38:42 -0500, "maverick"
wrote:

what do you guys think of that outfit ?

are they a school that's worthy of consideration ?

they run tv ads ! never seen a flight school
EVER run tv ads !

RUN, DO NOT WALK, RUN FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

There are probably several hundred dissatisfied students out there by
now. Just here in SD, there are about 30 folks who are having to sue
SSH to get refunds after they left SSH.

I started with SSH several years ago and bailed shortly after I got my
private ticket. It took 7 months to finally get these "people" to
generate a refund and when they did, it was almost $10k short of what
they said they'd be returning. I'm *STILL* waiting for the remainder
2 years later.

Both parties had signed all the papers and AFTER this, SSH changed the
hourly rate for R22 time from $200/hour to $285/hour. Again, this was
AFTER both parties had signed the papers agreeing to X hours at
$200/hour.

Additionally, several people from the same class as me weren't charged
this higher rate and weren't charged a withdrawal fee when they
bailed. SSH's attorney told mine that they'd be happy to pay the
interest on the refund monies for that 7 month period. To date, I've
seen ZERO of this amount.

For any of you SSH douche-bags reading, I've got documentation,
e-mails and a really incriminating voicemail recording about all of
this so you can take any thoughts of slander/libel suits and stuff 'em
in your collective rectums. I've even got a couple e-mails that
certainly appear to be forged (Probably by their "IT" guy -and I use
the "IT" term very loosely 'cuz hes none too bright when it comes to
IT from what I saw) "fishing" for deragatory statements from me about
SSH.

The real kicker is this one (and I quote) from Jerry Airola (The
munchkin in the TV ad) himself:

"We have always made it our practice to process refund credit to
coincide with the next scheduled funding of the students class."

Pretty much tells you SSH is funded by the constant stream of new
student's money. The funny thing is the 2nd class had just started so
those students had already funded.

In the year or so I was with SSH, I saw exactly ONE commercial flight
take place out of there so Jerry's talk of lots of commercial
opportunities is BS. Also, his claims of being a chemical engineer
and his college degrees are.. um... "Suspect" and his description of
his time in law enforcement is exagerrated to say the least.

Here's another interesting tidbit. Most of the top guys at SSH are
Scientologists like that nut-job Tom Cruise.