Old June 11th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Default History Channel

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

Casey Tompkins, aka Goober, wrote:

"by definition?" Whose definition?

Word definitions are found in a book we call a "dictionary".

One you made up? I do so love the
goobers who use ipse dixit for an argument.

Let's see, here.

From merriam-webster.com:
2: a person who commits murder; especially : one who murders a
politically important person either for hire or from fanatical motives

From dictionary.die.net:
One who kills, or attempts to kill, by surprise or secret assault; one
who treacherously murders any one unprepared for defense.

From yourdictionary.com:
a murderer who strikes suddenly and by surprise: now generally used of
the killer of a politically important or prominent person

From my desktop Webster's New World Dictionary:
a murderer who strikes suddenly; often, a hired killer.

Generally the accepted definition of assassin involves targeting a
*political* leader, and/or murder.

But not always, as your definition from dictionary.die.net illustrates; "One
who kills, or attempts to kill, by surprise or secret assault."

Here's a tip for you: Reading what you post before posting it may help
avoid appearing stupid.

however, reading what you post proves you *are* stupid.

redc1c4,
you might try a reading comprehension class for your problem...... %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide