Old July 5th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay[_2_]

Default Which airliners have flown supersonic?

Bruce W wrote in news:960c83fa-f1d2-43b8-9776-
:

When I was a child, around 1961, I remember airliners making sonic
booms when they flew over, and the windows on our house would rattle.
Of course this is illegal today.

What I can't figure out is what types of airline airplanes flew
supersonic. The Boeing 707 cannot fly supersonic.

Does anyone know what types of airplanes used to fly faster than the
speed of sound?

Thanks for your help.

in 1961 only fighters & bombers. F-86, F-100, F-104,F-105, B-58 ETC:

the only supersonic airliner was the Concorde
entered service in 1976

Flown by

BOAC (British Airways)
Air France