Old May 21st 19, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Tatlow[_2_]

Default Updating FLARM F4/F5 without SD card slot

At 11:37 21 May 2019, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Hi, I have an older FLARM in my glider and found some issues last weekend
while flying. I'd like to update the firmware but I can't find any

detailed
guide to follow.
So far I have found this guide:
https://support.flarm.com/hc/en-us/a...5694-How-do-I-

update-the-Firmware-on-a-Classic-FLARM-without-an-SD-card-slot-
Only issue I have is how to connect it. I have a serial to USB cable but
the next requirement is "A cable connecting the RS-232 adapter with the
FLARM device"

Does that mean I need a console cable (rs-232 to rj45) as well?
If anyone has some more details on how to connect it, would be greatly
appreciated!

Look up flarm installation manual for F4/5, flarm without SD card, it gives
the
pinouts for rj45. The power uses the outside pins 1/2 and 7/8 check
polarity
and it give data in and out wired to Dsub to connect to USB to serial
interface
cable.
So you need to split the cable on the rj45 to access power and data.
I made my own from this manual. You can also buy ready-made cable unit at
some cost.