Old September 25th 05, 07:19 AM
Philippe Vessaire

a écrit:

It got me to poking around on some european website. I found the specs
for the ford 1.4 litre diesel sold over there. Not sure how the
figures size up to gas engines currently in use. Any Opinions?

These engines are "Light weight" only for automotive use.
The 1l4 is a Peugeot design, you may choose a 1l6 (DV6 TED4) with the
same weigt and power up to 110HP@4000rpm.

http://minilien.com/?krjU8zHgIx

I am not sure, but I read "around" 100kg for the engine. You still kneed
a PSRU.
I think you may have a 110HP engine for 120-130kg minimum. It is still
heavier than mogas engine.

Just for fun: with this type of engine, you may got 50mpg on car like
Toyota Corolla.

By
--
Pub: http://www.slowfood.fr/france