Old July 17th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

Default FAA publishes proposed changes to amateur-built rules.

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
my point is why chime in and ask for them to be banned?

I have asked for no such thing. Go back and read. I just don't want folks
who are skirting the rules to be crapping in the nests of those who aren't.

why not ask
for the regs to be relaxed so that it can occur.
base it on a safety case. if it isnt causing a problem start
supporting aviation enterprises.

OK, go ahead a doze peacefully in your little make believe world. While you
are sleeping, the FAA will be "throwing out the baby with the bath water".
Regardless if we agree or not, the FAA bureaucracy perceives a problem and is in
motion to do what bureaucrats do to "fix" the problem. Homebuilders, and
ultimately aviation safety will be the losers if 50% kits become a thing of the
past.

while you are at it why not support the much more sensible private
owner maintenance system that the canadians have introduced.

A whole 'nuther subject. Let's talk about one thing at a time.

Vaughn