Old March 10th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default lightest DLG gliders

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 3:44:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:42:58 PM UTC-6, wrote:
"And that's why the metric system rules worldwide - except for some backwater countries."

"There are two systems of measurement. The Metric system, and the one that put a man on the Moon." (Anonymous)

Yeah, yeah, I know. Parochial and childish, but it is what it is. I personally use both systems interchangeably.

So at the present time, the "English" measurements are used in, uhh, Liberia, Myanmar and the US. Runnin' with the Big Dogs!

Mark and 'Anonymus': the metric system is used in all of science, check it out. Remember the failed Mars shot some 30-40 years ago? The clear cause of conversion factor errors. Dan, don't forget your metric tool set when flying your beautiful Stemme!

Less than 20 years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter .