Old March 11th 18, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Inexpensive portable IGC data recorders

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 9:35:06 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
I think for robust, durable, bullet proof, idiot proof logging I'd go with a Nano.
There is nothing worse than doing a flight you planned out, completed it and then having a logger failure. Been there, its a bummer.
Get a Nano and you will have trouble free logging for all levels of certification.

I'm an OO; have worked with multiple FR300's with no problems (when there was internet nearby). I have had one failure with a Nano - last day at a Canadian Nationals I was scoring. It showed as corrupted usb drive; pilot had to open trailer and get the backup and we were a bit late for the dinner. Agree that generally they are very reliable, and good up to world records. The FR300's are inexpensive and work well for the price.