Old July 30th 03, 06:25 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:33:39 -0400, Drew Hamilton wrote
in Message-Id: :

Larry Dighera wrote:
If Mr. Honeck freely provides the means for pilots to violate federal
regulations, and publicly advertises that fact to *en route* airmen,
his culpability in the event of a mishap by one of his departing
guests would likely be tried in a court of law, IMO.

I finally figured it out. You're an American! Of course! That's
why you're so willing to say that it's Jay's fault that some pilot --
er, I mean airman -- did something stupid.

Please don't attribute your inference to my having said it.

Whatever happened to personal
responsibility? You know, people being responsible for their own
actions?

Look, pil--er--airmen know that they can't drink and fly. You are
suggesting that anybody who flies into Jay's party intending to keep on
flying the same day would absolutely not be able to stop themselves
from drinking a beer?

That's ridiculous.

Or perhaps that Jay would tie them down and
pour beer down their throat? No. Jay just had a party, and for those
people who were planning on staying over, or those people who weren't
flying, there was some beer available.

Unfortunately, Mr. Honeck's worldwide public advertisement made no
mention of any such restrictions.

By your reasoning, FBOs shouldn't provide courtesy cars because
p--airmen might use them to drive into town and have a drink.

Pleeezzzze.

A _publicly_ advertised tailhookesque marketing campaign is still a
damaging image of airmen, especially at this time of public fear and
distrust of airmen and small airplanes incited by the news media
seeking sensational stories.

- awh

PS, who the hell says "airmen" anymore, anyway?

Um, the FAA?

Like the four links at the top of your web page http://www.awh.org/,
your comments are not terribly useful.

Go play with your Dremel Tool: :-)

So I was trying to figure out whether a Dremel Tool was something
I should get. They have the following quote up on their customer
testimonial page: "Now with my new Dremel Variable-Speed Rotary
Tool, I no longer need a man."

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,