Old July 27th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default xcsoar

On Jul 26, 11:46*am, "
wrote:
just revisited this software in its current version 5.2

Have to say this software has really matured and I was most impressed
with it whilst flying with it yesterday.

I particularly liked the custom terrain and waypoint downloading when
setting it up.

Check outhttp://xcsoar.org

Cheers

Al

I have been using XCSoar for a couple years now. It does everything I
need it to do. However, a couple days ago I downloaded 5.2.2 for
pretty much every platform. I unzipped the appropriate folder for the
PPC2003, but couldn't find a 'setup' or 'install' file. Fortunately
the .cab file was there, so I got it loaded. Did I just somehow
misplace the 'install' or 'setup'?
PS. Both my iPAQs have died. I purchased my 2495 brand new, used it
little, and it is Tangu Uniform. I bought a used HX 4705 from a guy
here on RAS, and it gave me two solid years of great service, before
succumbing to my endless abuse. I just checked eBay, and 3850's are
going for around $40.00 including shipping. Woot!