Old July 9th 03, 04:24 PM
Ron Natalie

"BJen" wrote in message ...

Below 1000' my mental state may switch to "not landing" as I
start a turn in lift, but if it's going to change back, I
almost always know within seconds of starting the turn.
Mentally, I may have recommitted to "landing" while still
turning away from the runway. Again I get a great view of
the pattern. Somewhere between 800' and 600' my gear comes
out, and any lift I check will cause me to retract the gear.

Keep your mind in the "landing" mode or get out of the way
of landing traffic. You have no business, and are in violation
of the regs to do otherwise.