Old February 18th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kyle Boatright

Default Flight Review in a turbo twin

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 17, 5:34 am, "Denny" wrote:

In any case, if the CFI tells me he wants to see single engine cuts at
50 feet, he will remain unemployed by me...

In a SE plane. Why?

BTW: The FAA has said a number of times that they want to change the
requirements of the BFR to be more like the IPC. They want to add a
section to the PTS for each rating and require the pilot to meet the
table of requirement that will be in the PTS for the rating they hold.
AOPA has argued that CFIs are doing a good job today of making BFRs
"personal" to the pilot. If too many CFIs abuse this, the FAA will get
its way pretty quick.

-Robert

If the FAA wants to change this rule, what is stopping them? Couldn't they
change the BFR tomorrow? The minutia of FAA rules isn't subject to vote by
the government, is it?

KB