Old December 26th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Altitude Call Out is COOL

With the aerodynamics of a
2 by 4, I come in a wee bit higher than some expect (Cherokee 140 -
nuff' said). I finally see "red over white" on short final.

Is that because you're doing power-off landings? I fly a Warrior, which I
assume has simular aerodynamics, and have no problem holding the
glideslope. With power in, you'd be able to control the descent rate, no?

That's the way I do it, too (and I think most Cherokee pilots carry a
bit of power to land smoothly) -- but a lot of guys like to do
power-off landings, just to prepare themselves for the eventuality of a
failed engine in the pattern.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA