Old October 26th 20, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default Soaring Club Financials

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12:04:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Haven't seen much discussion of this topic and I'm rather curious what the consensus is. . . .
I'm curious what kind of shape that leaves the soaring community at large with to pay bills and survive to fly another year.

Skyline imposed rather strict COVID guidelines and resumed partial operations after a short shutdown, and as of this writing has managed to launch in 2020 a little over half the 'normal' sorties we have done in recent years. Fortunately for us, our financial management structure (fixed costs covered by fixed income, operational costs covered by operational revenue in various cost centers) is one that has kept us afloat in lean as well as fat years for nearly 30 years, so while operating revenues are down in 2020, we have no serious problem there. The most significant financial impact has been to reduce our optimism for future capital expenditures.