Old February 12th 18, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Trig TT21 + TN72 TABS ADS-B Out Install working great....

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 10:09:53 PM UTC-8, Darryl Ramm wrote:
I was going to say the same as Steve. These GPS antenna spacing concerns seem largely folklore. It’s hard to imagine what is going to cause problems there anyhow, back-leakage of local oscillator from inside the GPS electronics back to the antenna??? In some cases I’ve seen confusion between gps antenna to gps antenna and gps antenna to say DME or VHF coms antennas and they may make more sense. Even if it exists as a real problem at all, many many gliders have flown sucesfully with multiple GPS antennas separated at most by a few inches. Including two of mine.

In personal experience, GPS position is acquired faster with fewer antennas..
For example: Two antennas and one divider for four receivers acquires faster than four separate antennas behind the already crowded panel.
YMMV, WTFIHTA, etc.
Jim

Jim