Old February 24th 04, 09:52 AM
Jim Kelly

Here is an HP FAQ on the H4150 (may need pasting together):

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wpa/vat/ge...f43-349042#usb

quote from it:
"
USB desktop cradle/charger:
Is the iPAQ Pocket PC h4100/h4300 models serial supported?
No. There is no serial support on the h4100/h4300 series.

Does the cradle for the iPAQ Pocket PC h4100/h4300 models support
USB?
Yes, the cradle for the iPAQ Pocket PC h4100 and h4300 is USB
only.

Does this cradle work with iPAQ Pocket PCs other than h4100/h4300
models?
No, this cradle is designed specifically to fit the h4100/h4300
models slim design.
"

"Nick Gilbert" wrote in message
| Now you see why I need clarification on this point!! I have seen
both sides
| of the argument!
|
| Nick.
|
| "Andrej Kolar" wrote in message
| Nick, I have to add to the confusion and cancel what I said.
|
| A friend of mine tested it this evening. He says:
| Have tested that. It works! The data is read from Garmin eTrex
to 4150.

| So - It does work. Good news! Lots of pages with links to PDA
hardware
| need
| updating.
| Andrej Kolar
|
| "Nick Gilbert" wrote in message
| Andrej,
|
| Thankyou for your reply. Have you tried it? Where does this
information
| come
| from?
|
| Regards,
|
| Nick.
|
| "Andrej Kolar" wrote in message
| Nick, iPaq 4150/4155 does not have a COM port built in. It
will only
| work
| with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, but not with what we normally
carry in
| our
| cockpits.
|
| Andrej Kolar
|
| "Nick Gilbert" wrote in message
| Hi There,
|
| Does anyone have any knowledge on the suitability of an
IPAQ
| 4150/4155
| for
| use with Winpilot/SeeYouMob? I have read some conflicting
advice on
| whether
| or not the 4150 is able to communicate serial data (I have
| Cambridge
| GPS-Nav).
|
| Does anyone know if this will be possible or if bluetooth
is the