Old April 22nd 04, 05:29 AM
Eric Greenwell

Marc Ramsey wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

Here's a question I have: has there ever been a glider pilot that said
after jumping out of a glider, "Boy, I wished I'd had a practice jump"?

I knew a couple of people who probably could have gotten out of the
glider, and survived, if they had tried, but they didn't. I did a few
static line jumps years ago, just to practice being willing to try...

Part of my thinking was practicing, really physically practicing exiting
the glider (meaning were you can actually jettision the canopy and roll
out, not just sit there and visualize it), and the thinking that goes
with it, might make a person more mentally ready to do it in a real
situation.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA