Old May 9th 18, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Spot or InReach ??

Im with Kirk on this one I too have a gen1 spot and I hook it over my parachute strap from inside out so my neck collar keeps it on if I should bail. Its basically just over half the cost of Inreach and I use the OK button to announce to my better half that I have taken off and also when I return. I use the help button if I land out as that also sends a gps location with my pretyped msg of I have landed out safely at the following location please initiate a retrieve. The Batteries last more than 400 flying hours. but I change them yearly (about 250hrs). In over 10 years of using it I can count on one hand how many missed fixes

CH ASW27