Old January 19th 04, 04:19 PM
Bill Kambic

"John Lansford" wrote in message

They're results were that a frozen chicken did no more damage than a
room temperature chicken. They assumed a lot about impact damage with
faulty data and testing.

They should let me hit them with a frozen chicken and a thawed one and
tell me which one hurt more. As someone else pointed out, the frozen
one is going to act like a solid mass, while the thawed one is going
to "explode" and deform when hitting the windshield.

I watched the show. The target was a old Piper Cherokee class airframe.
The frozen chicken behaved rather like a rifle bullet, making a smallish
hole in the windscreen. The thawed chicken was more like a shotgun blast
making a significantly larger hole. The hosts speculated the defomation of
the thawed chicken made the difference against this very light weight
material (never certified to survive an impact with anything g).

I suspect that military grade windscreens (or those on commercial jet
liners) would be made of "sterner stuff" and would behave quit differently.

Besides, the birds aren't frozen when they hit the real planes...

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!! GGG

Bill Kambic

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or
unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist,
culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist,
sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist,
phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of
political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage you
to get over it.