Old May 26th 05, 12:44 AM
Chris

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:Cg5le.7245$PS3.6886@attbi_s22...
...is simply an awesome aircraft.

With 9 rows across (2+5+2) in an aircraft as long as a 747 -- but with
only two gigantic engines -- modern materials, an excellent sound system,
and little video screens in the seat backs, I was absolutely astounded at
the comfort and ride of this plane.

I've flown first and second-generation jet airliners (707s, DC-9s, 727s,
DC-10s, L-1011s, MD-80s) and was always annoyed at one thing or another,
usually the whiny noise level and air handling systems. Boeing has
addressed both issues in the 777, and in the three different aircraft we
rode in the noise level was almost unnaturally low -- and the air was
fresh without being overly dry.

The 777 is not that good. Having crossed the Atlantic many times in it, it
is my least liked aircraft. It has a reputation for being very dry. Try it
on an 11 hour flight. Last month I got through three litres of water during
a flight from Beijing to London

The A330 on the other hand is neat. They go one better than gps moving map
and have two camera views available. The first looks down giving a view
directly beneath the plane.

The other give a pilots view. Its pretty cool watching the landing in real
time.