Old February 3rd 19, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ADS-B equiped glider in USA Contests

What Ramy says.Â* I've got the alert ranges turned down on my Flarm. Why
bother with distant traffic?Â* I haven't done that on my iPad yet in the
C-180 and the screen gets really cluttered around airports.

I have to take care of that...

On 2/2/2019 6:46 PM, Ramy wrote:
The reality is that the increasing number of ADSB aircrafts nowadays will literally clutter your screen and audio alerts if you don’t reduce the range to something like 5 miles and 1000 feet altitude range so you only get alerts from aircrafts in the vicinity. At least when flying near the Bay Area I found I have to limit the ADSB range, so no much of improved range over flarm.

Ramy

--
Dan, 5J