Old July 9th 03, 07:31 PM
Justin Maas

Default Will pilots always be kept in the loop ( automation)?

Hey all,

Now that I'm starting to fly more automated aircraft, I'm getting
worried about where it's all going. Right now, I really enjoy programming
in the flight and "flipping switches," as it's actually very satisfying.
Most avionics in the works are keeping the pilots in the loop, but how long
will it be before professional pilots are just like the men that used to be
in an elevator (or even out of the cockpit)? I'd like to think that cockpit
automation will stay the way it is, but I'd like to hear insight from
others.

Blue Skies!
Justin

PS - Getting back to real flying on the 20th, when I'll be flying amphib
caravans from Wisc. to central Canada!