Old June 2nd 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Sky High Av gas **** you off?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 10:31 am, SOS wrote:

I can't see how shipping a product 8000 miles is better than
shipping that same product 300 miles. I just don't get it.
Tell me? How many choices do your REALLY have for gas and
energy??

A little knowledge is dangerous apparently. A couple things you are
not considering. First, the price for oil today is affected by the
futures contracts that are outstanding on it. Second, oil is not oil.
There are lots of different types of oil, some is better for different
types of gas. Yes, OPEC does affect the price (which sucks) but they
don't have total control in the world market. No oil company in the US
is rich enough to affect the price of gas, they are price takers, not
price setter. I have no idea what you mean by bringing Bush into this.
The President does not set the price of oil or gas contracts.

-Robert

But can sure help make his friends in the middle east money by restricting
production, refining, and alternatives! Refer to the 80's with the synthetic
fuel exploration and experimentation caused large drop in price.