Old August 9th 03, 10:41 PM
Scott

Why would you want to use a 1/3 Corvair? Why not the better half VW by
Len Milholland? A lot less weight than a whole corvair case with only
two active jugs on it...or do you plan to cut down the case? Check out
Len's VW at http://www.betterhalfvw.com/

It's about 80-85 pounds and approximately 30-35 HP according to Len.

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die!

JSoar wrote:

I am thinking about trying a one third Corvair engine in my
ultralight. I found a 1965 140 hp Corvair car and a 1964 turbocharged.
Or maybe the 110 hp would be best. Does anybody know which of the
Corvair engines would be best to start with? Thanks.