Old December 17th 19, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What!

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 1:59:50 PM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 1:01:11 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 11:58:50 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Me, too!Â* What Eric said.

On 12/14/2019 10:27 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote on 12/14/2019 8:18 AM:

On 12/13/2019 9:25 PM, 2G wrote:
The upper vario is the S8, the lower one the S10.

Everything is now in kts (this was the 2nd flight). The S8 is slaved
to the 9070. I could control the radio from the 9070, but that
requires a $240 bridge (LXNAV-Bridge-Trig).

I don't have ADS-B In.

Tom
Really???Â* How much have you got invested in that well set up ASH-31?
What's $240 as a percentage of that, 0.1%?

How could anyone claim that glider pilots are notoriously cheap? :-D

I really like the ADSB-in on my Phoenix. The radar and TFRs are worth
it; also, getting the winds and weather at airports out of AWOS range.

--
Dan, 5J

I am have ADS-B In by virtue of the PowerFlarm core. I have been getting power traffic alerts, but I thought that was transponder alerts. What I will probably add is the Flarmview57 for a dedicated alert display (replacing the volt/ammeter).

Tom

Not sure why you would get a separate instrument to show flarm as the LX9070 is the biggest screen to show the alerts on.

I am not confident that the 9070 will display the alerts when I need them the most. It seems like I have to page over to the flarm display to see what is going on. This may get resolved as I fly with it more.

Tom