Old March 25th 04, 03:13 AM
Ray Andraka

Sporty's pack them in separate packages for L charts, AFDs, VFR charts and
TERPs. My cost going to avmaps is about 60% of what I was paying to Sporty's.
On an IFR revision cycle, I got 3 separate packages, each with $5+ shipping
charges. Avmaps packs them all in one package, and the shipping totals less
than $10, plus they include the VFR charts in the same package if they are near
expiration.

MichaelR wrote:

That's not correct.
Sporty's charges only actual shipping costs on chart subscriptions.

However, if you buy charts outside of a subscription, they charge according
to their "standard shipping and handling" table.

"Ray Andraka" wrote in message
I used to use Sporty's. I now use Avmaps.com. They are quite a bit

cheaper
than Sporty's and they only charge the actual shipping, not the inflated
shipping and handling Sporty's does.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.

--