Old June 11th 19, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Default Recommended websites for posting student IGC files?

Try to validate the OLC file with http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html .

Very interesting: I just checked my .igc files from two flights on the above link, and for each flight one file was created by the CAI302 logger and one created by XCSoar. In both cases the XCSoar PASSED (?!) while the CAI file got an ERROR mark. How come? It says:

result ERROR
status ERR_UNSUPPORTED
msg IGC program not supported - CAM
igc 2018-07-29-CAM-45Q-01.igc
ref 4
server Open Validation Server 3.03

It may have to do with the long name of the CAI file as created by the XCSoar used to download it from the flight computer.