Old September 27th 05, 03:11 AM
Robert Bates

It's my understanding that you must have a second class medical if you will
be the pilot in command of the training flight. If you fly with a:
1. non rated student
2. non current pilot

As far as the high blood pressure, I have a couple of older friends that
have run into this and they have had only to jump through a couple of extra
hoops to pass but didn't have any problems. One mentioned something about
showing three previous in limits blood pressure reading from their personal
doctors.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
LB wrote:
I'm an antique pilot from the early 60's. I have a P ASEL&S + I ticket.

have about 3500 hrs with about 600 hrs. actual instrument time.

If you're an AOPA member, they can answer these questions for you. I
haven't had any of those acrobatic sorts of tests for quite some time
now, the last three AME's I've had haven't bothered. I've never figured
out what use equillibrium or depth perception is for pilots anyhow.

There are a number of blood pressure medications that are authorized
provided you do not have any untoward side effects. Again, if you
are an AOPA member, there is info on their website in the members
section under MEDICAL.

By the way, a second class medical is not required to get either the
commercial or the CFI, nor to use the CFI certificate. All you need
is a third. You only need the 2nd if you are going to use the privs
of a commercial certificate.