Old February 10th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carriere

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

Bob Moore wrote:
Jim Carriere wrote

Mxsmanic wrote:
Fortunately, mathematics can help. If everyone flies around
completely at random, it's statistically wildly improbable that any
aircraft will ever collide. In fact, traffic patterns, airways,
altitude restrictions, and navaids actually increase the chances of a
collision, rather than decreasing

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long LONG
time!

Thanks for the laugh!

Sorry Jim, I think that the laugh might be on you. In the late 1950s,
the Rand Corp under contract to the US government to study the future
of the Air Traffic Control System, came to the exact same conclusion.
And yes, they did use predictions of future air traffic growth.

Hmm! At first glance that conclusion seems counterintuitive, but I
guess you learn something new every day.