View Single Post
Old June 3rd 18, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

Default ADSB out in tow planes

ForeFlight is iOS only and they seem proud of that and how being focused on a single platform helps them. And it may, it's very impressive software. What is most impressive is how much damage they have done to Garmin in the GA EFB/portable device market. Now coming to Europe. https://foreflight.com/europe

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 6:01:36 PM UTC-7, waremark wrote:
Does Foreflight run on Android? In Europe we don't have Foreflight. Instead we have SkyDemon, an outstanding app for GA which I believe is comparable to Foreflight. SkyDemon runs equally well on Android or iOs devices, and can accept an input from Powerflarm. The SkyDemon folk market the use of PF for traffic awareness to GA pilots.

It is rather cheaper and simpler to use an Android tablet with the free to use XC App and PF than to go down the iOs route. But if Foreflight does not run on Android I suppose you afe stuck with an iPad cor GA flight planning and nav. If so, i am grateful to SkyDemon for giving us the option of Android.

BTW, I rate the Oudie very highly. It is extremely flexible- which is a strength for power users and which is difficult for those who want a turnkey solution.