Old September 12th 04, 01:27 AM
Bob Coe

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

But, the more important questions relate to why the commander is
writing memos about pressure from a superior who retired 18 months
earlier and hence was no longer above him.

Or, why is the commander ordering Bush for a physical just two weeks
into his 90 period of eligibility? Or, since when does a squadron
commander issue orders for flight physicals (they don't!)

Or why does the commander identify a CYA memo as a CYA? If you're
really trying to cover your ass you don't point it out in the subject
line.

Or, why is the commander writing orders to a subordinate that he has
already approved for temporary posting to another state in a unit
which at the time had no airplanes to fly and over which he had no
authority?

Or, why does the commander's wife and son deny that he could type,
that he was a memo writer or that he had any problem with Lt. Bush who
he had commended very publicly on the record the year before?

All of your points are right on the mark!

I just don't see how a person like Dan Rather could be so easily duped by
these forgeries. They weren't even originals! Hell even I can cut out someone's
signature and put it on any letter I want with just a Xerox machine. Today
I would just use my scanner and add it to my MS Word document.

No, I think Dan Rather was putting his reputation behind a known
forgery, to give it credence, and to hurt the Republican party. I hope
it now results in his finally being put out to pasture (which should have
happened 10 years ago anyway). Same with the other scum-bags on
60 minutes, who are always making a mountain out of a mole hill.