Old September 12th 04, 01:32 AM
Jarg

"Bob Coe" wrote in message
news:%JM0d.23965$ni.13950@okepread01...

I just don't see how a person like Dan Rather could be so easily duped by
these forgeries. They weren't even originals! Hell even I can cut out
someone's
signature and put it on any letter I want with just a Xerox machine.
Today
I would just use my scanner and add it to my MS Word document.

I give him the benefit of the doubt - he saw what he wanted to see.

No, I think Dan Rather was putting his reputation behind a known
forgery, to give it credence, and to hurt the Republican party. I hope
it now results in his finally being put out to pasture (which should have
happened 10 years ago anyway). Same with the other scum-bags on
60 minutes, who are always making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'm sure he has no qualms about hurting the Republican party, but I still
think it unlikely he knew.

Jarg