Old July 9th 03, 07:49 PM
Thomas Lembessis

Sounds like you have a good insurance company. Back in 1989, the right
main gear didn't come down in my Seneca. My first thought after q
tipping the right prop was "thank goodness my deductable is $500"
Sure!

My insurance company wouldn't pay for worn out parts that Mattituck
found during the teardown. And since the right prop had some 1000 hrs
on it, they tried to prorate this against the cost of a new prop. (as
opposed to against the cost of an overhaul). They (Comav insurance)
eventually paid me for a new prop.

Total cost to me was $6100 , including repairing the gear (an SDR was
written up for the trunion bolt) Some 500 deductable, huh?

Thomas Lembessis
ATP, F/E (B727)

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:waVOa.17800$H17.5859@sccrnsc02...
Yep, that was our major mistake. No more parking for us! From now on,
ALL landings are to be touch and go...

Wow -- what a story.

Sorry to hear it -- but think how cool that 3-blade prop's gonna look!