Old January 29th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Corvair conversion engines

UltraJohn wrote:
J.Kahn wrote:

Myself I am still a big fan of the Corvair but will probably adopt the
extra bearing mod he's working on if I ever get to that point.

John Kahn
Montreal

That's one thing I like about the GPASC VW is he has (as an option I think)
a heavy duty forged crank with a wider front bearing to take the loads. It
would be nice if someone did this for the Corvair with it's higher power
capability!
John

Well, I asked about that...

Seems it would cost a bazillion bucks for some reason.

Aren't the Chinese hot rodders cutting custom cranks yet?