Old May 13th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Central Sierra Helicopter Meet

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 03:42:21 GMT, Shiver
wrote:

Good Griefy - No wonder you have such a high interest in aviation.

I just love to fly..

So do they let you have a little yoke time at the end of a long day.

I probably have a thousand hours of sim time. Each one that leaves
here is "flown" by me for it's 1st two hours as part of the QC checks
and I usually fly 3 to 4 times more than that before it leaves my shop
I'm offically the "production manager" but I do electrical systesm
design, CAD work, a little gauge programming, gauge graphics,
fabrication, (I'm getting pretty good on the mill) assembly,
mechanical design etc etc.. I wear a LOT of hats around here. It's
a very cool job and I'm able to bug out in the middle of the day and
go fly for real if I want to.

We have a demo in our "showroom" that we screw around in all the time.
(I love shooting autos to oil platforms and building tops) A couple
of the guys here are actually logging time with our CFIs working
towards their tickets. We have 2 Heli CFIs on staff, soon to be 3.

Perhaps get to fly a jumbo around the patch.

We built a Beech BE-1900 UC sim last summer. That thing was awesome..
Took us about a year to design and build and we modeled every system
except the environmental controls. The FAA was very impressed and
certified it on the 1st or 3 days they were out here.

Our lead programmer (CFI-H and Airplane SEL Instrument) logged about
200 hours in it during testing and could literally go get his type
rating right now because of it. I probably logged 50 hours in the
right seat as we tested, tested and tested again. At one point we
gutted the wiring and redesigned it to make it easier to service. I
was kind of sad to see it go because it was a great source of pride
for me.

Wow Kev, you have a great job!

The Monk