Old April 14th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default TACAIR Integration Hits the Wall

On Apr 6, 9:38 am, "Mike" wrote:

"Perhaps when the Joint Strike Fighter comes on line and OIF settles
down and some of these other worldwide commitments that we have get on
perhaps a more steady state, maybe then we'll get ourselves back on
track" to the original integration goals, Whitson said.

SNIP

Supposed quote from a British Army general officer after the Great War
had ended, "Thank God! Now we can get back to real soldiering".

BTW, the USMC claims are somewhat bogus. Under the USAF doctrine that
control of air assets should be centralized, USAF, USN and USMC fast
movers are almost always under theater command these days, their
missions assigned by the Air Tasking Order from that HQ and are pretty
much viewed as interchangable.