Old July 12th 17, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Libelle

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 3:22:19 PM UTC-5, bertvaneyken wrote:
Bought my libelle 13j ago also from an 'importer', he even claimed someone flew it after he bought it. Not registered on a glider pilot nor any trace of the "testflight". Google cache and plain old Phone learned that he had bought te libelle €4500 less than he had it for sale.
By then he knew the gliding world is too small and he dropped the price to a reasonable level.

The e-libelle might indeed rise the price somewhat but the mod will be expensive anyway.

I overhauled my libelle, did the 4000hr check, fitted winglets and know them inside out ... but this one will need a LOT of work to look acceptable, not mentioning the parts to be replaced/overhauled. Only interesting if one wants to put a lot of his own time in it and enjoying a great old ship.

Well, from eBay, we all know he gave $5200 for this one. If you look in the "Wanted" section on Wings and Wheels, it appears he mistakenly listed it there, likely within an hour of the auction ending. Time zones reported here and there make it hard to tell for sure, but it is the same day. Then, a week later, he lists it in the "Gliders for Sale" section at the "bargain" price of $8000. Did a really crappy job of lifting pictures from the eBay listing to put in his ad. He, too, will learn the soaring world is small, and will come to grips with getting rid of it before it costs him way too much. Wonder how long it will take the airport to start billing him for storage? Maybe they can be "encouraged"? :-)

Steve needs a Std Libelle... :-)