Old July 16th 18, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Which ClearNav vario display?

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 7:19:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Curious how CN users feel about the need for using both the 57mm round mechanical pointer and the LCD NavDisplay.

If you were starting a panel from scratch, would you use both the LCD NavDisplay and the 57 mm round LCD NavDisplay?

Thanks.

I have both. I really like the TA and the Preempt Climb Option on the digital display. As the vario read out isn't on a fixed scale a glance doesn't tell the story because you have to figure out where you are on the scale. A fixed scale would be better even with the small size.
As an aside I'm not so sure of the winds from the CN. Vario matches the CNII. I'd like two opinions.

Steve