Old October 16th 03, 03:24 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Where should I put turbulator tape on the all-flying
stabilator on my LS-1d? Right now, there is a the
head of a big 'ol hex-head bolt, safety pin, and peg
(to anchor the safety pin) that sticks out in the breeze
on the upper surface of the stabilator.
(This is asked with tongue in cheek)

By the way, when it stalls, just a very quick foreward
movement on the stick gets it going again. No warning
before it stalls.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 13:54 16 October 2003, Jj Sinclair wrote:
Robert wrote
How do you know that your feeling and hearing comes
from the stab
and not the wing ?

In the LS-8, I can feel it in the stick a good 5 knots
above stall. I don't
believe it is separated air coming from the wing, because
the T-tail is just
too high to allow that. I have felt the same thing
about 3 knots above stall in
a 301 libelle which has a low tail and it was *dirty
air* coming from the
wing.

BTW, I only felt the nervous stick with a load of
water and I wasn't trying to
stall the ship, It happened when I was thermalling.
JJ Sinclair