Old March 22nd 04, 01:52 AM
Judah

OK you guys. You are starting to sound like a Mrin Chronicle now, and it's
just plain scaring me.

I always thought that those books were Science Fiction. But after reading
your transaction, I truly have to wonder if you have found the Spirit of
Torak.

And besides, now that they are making movies out of this stuff, I just
don't have the patience to read it all again...

If you could please call the producers and ask them to include your
discussion in part V of The War of Elvenkind, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

"Jim Fisher" wrote in
:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
The Old Ones from beyond the cold, unfeeling stars know the
truth. We are not Spaniards. We are food.

To say that all of mankind is but a mote in the Eye of the Old Ones is
quite a stretch. Not to mention depressing as hell.

We have bootstrapped ourselves from the primordial ooze to become the
most intelligent species this side of the Oort. We have accomplished
so very much in the last few seconds of this geologic day. We have so
very much more to do if only we can survive our own stupidity.

Why, we have overcome our natural predilection to be a ground-borne
hunter-gatherers and have conquered a infinitely small amount of space
itself. Even people like Mr. Cambell can inculcate other humans how to
do that in mere hours! Dust motes my asteroid!

We miniscule "dust motes" may be the only self-aware motes in the
entire universe. Some scoff at such a presumption but the universe is
still young. 15 b.y. old, we think. Just a teenager. Someone or
Something has to be the "first" to become self aware. Why not us puny
bags of saline and carbon?

No, Chris, we are more than the sum of our chemical makeup. We are
capable of being so much more if we don't annihilate ourselves first or
allow those less intelligent than us to annihilate us. I have
absolutely no doubt at all that, given enough time, we will become gods
or perhaps even God. Perhaps we already are.

We think, therefore we are.

--
Jim Fisher