Old May 11th 04, 12:15 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Bob Noel said:
Do you know what the DAFIF/Arinc 424 rules are for naming points?
Might that help a little?

The DAFIF WPT.TXT file only uses a few type classfications, "I" (Unnamed,
charted or computer nav fix), "IF" (same, but off-route), "R" (named fix),
"RF" (named, off-route), "NR" (named NDB fix), "NF" (off-route NDB fix)
and "V" (vfr reporting point). Not terribly helpful since "R" "named fix"
doesn't distinguish between en-route and approach named waypoints. And
they don't see very consistent. That's why I'm looking to combine that
Type field with the Usage Code field.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Died. Woke up in Hell. Punched in PIN, logged on. Just another day.