Old September 5th 12, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr[_4_]

Default R.I.P. Highflyer

Here's the update: anyone in the area is welcome to attend a memorial service. Mary's daughter Sabrina was thoughtful enough to post it on Facebook:

John R. Johnson, 74, of Carbondale, and his co-pilot Carl S. Maiden, 47, of DuQuoin, passed away at approximately 6:30 pm Wednesday, August 29, 2012, near Canton, Missouri, while enroute to the annual antique airplane fly-in in Blakesburg, Iowa. Many of you have already expressed condolences. But we invite you to a memorial of their lives. A reception will follow.
Huffman-Harker Funeral Home 210 W Oak St, Carbondale, Illinois 62901-1456
3 PM this Saturday 9/8.

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:51:14 PM UTC-7, Stella Starr wrote:
Tragic news this week. One of the first friends I met when I joined this group as a student pilot has died in the crash of his "second" plane.