Old August 10th 18, 01:15 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
My Ventus airbrake doesn’t always stay closed during the roll out on tow. Now our grass runway is hard and ruff and causes a lot of bouncing around but over the last few years the brake come on if I don’t lean my hand against it. Is there any adjustments or could something have broke? I can’t see anything when I inspect the linkage.

DC
Hi Dave

There is an adjustable stop that could be adjusted to allow the bellcrank to go a little further in the locking direction that may help if the gas strut is weak but replacing the gas strut remains the best option.

I have attached a drawing that shows the strut position

:-) Colin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ventus 1 controls.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	101126

Last edited by Ventus_a : August 10th 18 at 08:18 AM.