Old July 21st 03, 08:36 AM
Nosegear

You'd still need some processor to interpret the GPS data, superimpose it
on a map and display it on this screen. An enormous hassle to get it done .
..
If, however, you are the proud owner of a PocketPC device (like an iPAQ or
so) with a GPS receiver, I can very much reccomend you take a look at
www.pocketfms.com. This will offer you a complete FMS with moving map for a
ridiculously low price . .

I've been using PocketFMS for about 9 months now; I'm still impressed every
time I go up there. All of a sudden you get time to look out the windows
and enjoy the scenery instead of anxiously trying to keep time and track on
a map.

Nosegear
(No, I'm not the author of PocketFMS, but yes, I'm very enthousiastic about
it!)

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Would it be possible to use something like this:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P29521555 (This is a link to a thin LCD
screen for sale on Ebay)

...hooked up to a GPS receiver? Is there a way to output a GPS
moving map to something like this?

The price is certainly attractive... And -- if it were possible --
you sure couldn't beat the size of the moving map!