Old November 22nd 05, 10:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Another Rotor Group

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:39:29 GMT, wrote:

Just a little help from a computer geek that loves choppers...

justhelicopters.com is the domain name. Since most of the domain name
registrars also host web sites, you can choose to enter in the www or
not. If the registrar doesn't host the website, then you must create
what is known as an A record in order to re-direct it to your server.
My gut tells me that this website is being hosted on a server other
than its domain name registrar's.

I'd be willing to bet most chopper jockeys wouldn't know how to
configure a DNS server, let alone know what one is. If they did,
who's DNS would they configure? The domain owner is the only one with
the "power" to authorize that.

....or more correctly, the person who has access to the DNS server that the
owner of the domain has delegated the SOA of the domain to...

All the same, if "www." works I'll type it in.

Regards
Andrew