Old July 18th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Husky vs J3

On Jul 17, 12:43*pm, "BDS" wrote:
I am going to be transitioning from a J3 to a Husky A1-C. *I have quite a
bit of complex experience but it is all in tricycle gear aircraft - the J3
is the only taildragger I've flown to date. *Anyone out there with Husky
time want to comment on what to expect?

With the weird happenings on the NG...
Hmmmm The major difference in the two is power available. The weak
pilot relies on power to adjust for poor pilot performance.
Keep your feet alive and you should have no problems. As discussed,
the pitch attitude of the aircraft will determine your final
disposition. Also known as, is your nose wheel off or the tailwheel
off? Balancing on the main gear...Geeeezz what a new idea?
Stay off the friggin brakes and keep your feet active. The difference
in the two is not that great except for power available.
Ol S&B with thousands of hours doing fun stuff